Monday, March 2, 2009

No more snowdays?

Ah, I think the last vestige of my childhood has finally been crushed. This morning, I woke up to at least 3 inches of snow covering the ground. Now, the last time I saw this (it's been at least 5 years since I've seen this much snow...living in the mid-Atlantic during global warming and all), it was enough to cancel school for the entire day. Maybe even two, just for good measure. NO more, ladies and gentlemen.

As soon as my parking lot was plowed (which didn't happen until 9:30, so I still got a nice little morning reprieve) it was time to clean off my car and head into work. Welcome to adulthood. No more snow days.

Actually, I really thought about going to work at the normal time. I went outside at quarter to 7 to clean off my car, so I could leave at 7, per usual. As I was cleaning off my car, I noticed two things. 1) I was the only jackass outside trying to clean my car 2) My parking lot was covered in 3-5 inches of snow. I decided that I didn't want to test my theory that my car was too low to the ground to make it over the snow. What are ya gonna do?

No comments: